Date: 12th December
Duration: 3 hours.
Pupils: 30 Students from Spain (9th Grade) and 20 from Turkey (10th Grade)
1. Motivate students.
2. Introduce them to digital games and digital gaming platforms that will help them learn significantly. (To Help students know some web pages related to educational games where they can practice and learn some of the knowledge they get in their lessons and also some 21st century skills like Creativity, Communication, Collaboration and Critical Thinking)
3. Promote reflection on their learning to give them autonomy and prepare them for their academic future.
Take a look at the Web we used to do the workshop!!
In this workshop, it was intended that students could contact the first need of discovery and learning: THE OBSERVATION of what surrounds us and what happens, if usual, to be the object of curiosity, reflection, study and construction of new knowledge.
The objectives were as follows:
1. Learning to learn (All activities): Critical thinking, learning knowledge, hypothesis building and theories …
2. Improvement of communicative skills (All activities but especially in 1, 2, 5 and 6)
3. Promotion of creativity and innovation capacity (Activity 1, 2 and 3)
4. Digital competence (Activities 1, 3 and 6)
5. Improvement of English (in all activities)
Throughout the days of the workshop, and through different techniques such as gymkanas, surveys, experiments, visits to scientific centers or empirical observation, the students tried to answer questions about knowledge and elaborated models that would answer the old theories as well As well as new ones to understand their own learning and the process of knowledge.
Students: 145 Spanish students (145 in the gymkana, 35 in “Evolution of knowledge acquisition workshop”, 10 in the rest of activities), and 10 Turkish students.
How do we learn: Lourdes Cardenal (Philosophy)
Evolution of knowledge acquisition workshop: Jerónimo Del Moral (Biology)
Gymkana: Ángel Muñoz (History) and Lourdes Cardenal (Philosophy)
Multiple Intelligences session: Adil Tugyan (English)
Discovering the world through non formal learning: Ignacio Acha, Paco Colón, Jerónimo Del Moral, Ángel Muñoz, Lourdes Cardenal, Clemen Tabales and Álvaro Guerrero.
Online tools to improve our knowledge: Adil Tugyan (English)
The structure of the workshop is the following:
ACTIVITY 1: Conference HOW DO WE LEARN: Dinamic conference with students collaboration through tools like RealTimeBoard, Twinspace Forum and Padlet.
Presentation of the workshop and initial research: Construction of hypotheses about human knowledge.
Participating students: 10 Spanish students and 10 Turkish students.
Methodology: Cooperative Learning and Use of Web 2.0 Tools applied to teaching.
SECOND SESSION: Evolution of knowledge acquisition theoretical-practical Workshop.
THIRD SESSION: ECO GYMKANA: The importance of creativity and critical thinking in our learning.
FOURT SESSION: Learning about Multiple Intelligences.
FIFTH SESSION: Discovering the world through non-formal learning (Museums and workshops visits).
SIXTH SESSION: Online Tools to improve our knowledge and help us to learn.
The gamification and learning workshop based on games had two parts well differentiated in time and space. In the first part of the workshop we learned the basics of the gamification and we knew several games that allowed to develop and to enhance the skills of the XXI Century in our students. They did internships with games and a Job Shadowing in which we saw in action how you could apply the game Imagine to the contents of philosophy.
The second part of the workshop, carried out in Rize, was about Digital Games Based Learning. We discovered and play games from lot of platforms where we could find really good games to practice maths, language, science, english… with students and also keep on improving their 21st century skills.